Fender is a rusty red robot with light brown eyes, a cylindrical head with what looks like a hand crank on top, and thin limbs. He is prone to losing his limbs and frequently breaks down at bad times.
During the film, Fender loses his right eye, head, arms, and rear end. After he is captured by a sweeper and taken to the Chop Shop, Fender's legs fall off right before he is about to be melted down. In a panicked attempt to escape, he hastily grabs a different set of legs and puts it on. However, Fender soon realizes it is a set of female legs, complete with high heels and a skirt. He is seen with these new legs for the rest of the film. Additionally, during the final battle, he dons a headpiece resembling viking horns and wields a spear.
However, since Rodney and Bigweld are put back in charge of Bigweld industries and spare parts are placed back into production, it is very likely that Fender got back his correct legs, which is further supported in the last picture inside the Robots storybook.
Fender is always open to opportunities to make money off of others. An example of this is when he wanted to charge Rodney 50 dollars for some photos. He sometimes enjoys thrills in life. Like the methods of transportation in Robot City. His personality gradually changes over the course of the movie, as he interacts with new events and friends.
- Despite Piper often being called in character profiles Piper Pinwheeler, Fender is not referred to by his last name.
- Before the final battle in the film, he somehow lays an egg.
- Loretta seems to have no problem with his female lower half.
- After Rodney and Bigweld ran Bigweld Industries together, and put in spare parts back at production, it's highly likely they made spare legs for Fender that looked like his real legs, as in the last page of the Robots Movie storybook, he was shown with his correct legs.
- Fender's name used to be Bumper, but he had to change it when he and his family moved into the country.
"Put your head between your legs."
"Aunt FAAAAANNY! We brought someone!"
"He's been rear ended..."
"We are leaving in a HUFF!"
"KAKAAAA! KAKAAAAAAA!!! RRRRRRIIIICOOOOOLAAAA!!!"